WOLFE ISLAND COMMUNITY MEDICAL CLINIC
How to see Dr. Russell (formerly Daneshmend)
Dr. Russell is committed to serving as many island residents as possible at the Wolfe Island Community Medical Clinic. She is a member of the Kingston Family Health Team (KFHT) and practices within the guidelines of the Family Health Team model.
Residents of Wolfe Island who currently have a primary care physician who is part of the Kingston Family Health Team (KFHT) may change to Dr. Russell if they wish her to become their primary care physician. Call the number for appointments to make the change.
Enrolling with Dr. Russell as your family doctor permits the following:
- Visits at the Wolfe Island Clinic or her Kingston office.
- Access to other KFHT doctors at her 800 Princess Street location who cover for her if she is away from the office for an extended time.
- Access to other health professionals such as nurse practitioners, registered nurses, a dietician, a social worker, a psychologist (including various mental health group sessions), and various team-based health programs, including foot and diabetes care.
- Use of the KFHT after-hours clinic (located at the Shopper’s Drug Mart at Princess & Centennial, and is open Monday to Friday, 5-8 pm, excluding holidays).
If you do not currently have a primary care physician, you can become a patient of Dr. Russell's by calling the office listed below. You will be scheduled at the Wolfe Island Community Medical Clinic.
If you want to begin seeing Dr. Russell as your primary care physician, but have been seeing another family physician, you must de-roster from your current physician and phone Dr. Russell's office for an appointment to roster with her. This procedure is a requirement from the Ministry of Health.
Hours to call 613-650-5471 for appointments:
- Monday,Wednesday,Thursday…9:30-11:30 AM/1:30-4:30 PM
- Tuesday…………………………..9:30-11:30 AM only
If you have an emergency CALL 911 or go to Kingston General or Hotel Dieu Emergency Department.
Posted May 17, 2013
It is with great excitement that the Wolfe Island Community Medical Clinic is now
able to offer two new special services: specimen collection and extended doctor’s
hours available to all island residents! The specimen collection service will be
operated by Lifelabs every second Friday morning under an agreement between Lifelabsand the Clinic and we hope to have this operational by early June. This service should be a major win for island residents, most of whom can now have samples taken on the island instead of travelling to Kingston for routine blood work. Samples collected at the Clinic will be taken by volunteers to the Lifelabs facility at 800 Princess Street.
The second success this year is that starting June 4, 2013, Dr. Russell will operate
an appointment only clinic for her patients every Tuesday afternoon followed by a no appointment walk-in clinic open to anyone on Wolfe Island. Please call the doctor’s office at 613-650-5471 or go to the Kingston Family Health Team
at http://kfhn.ca/ to make sure she is in that Tuesday in case circumstances prevent her from being at the clinic.
We strongly encourage the use of these services in order to be able to retain them
on a long-term basis.
Please visit the Clinic's new website and be updated Visit our WICMC web site.
Posted October 23, 2012
Posted October 11, 2012