WOLFE ISLAND COMMUNITY MEDICAL CLINICVisit our WICMC web site.
How to see Dr. Russell (formerly Daneshmend)
Dr. Russell is committed to serving as many island residents as possible at the Wolfe Island Community Medical Clinic. She is a member of the Kingston Family Health Team (KFHT) and practices within the guidelines of the Family Health Team model.
Residents of Wolfe Island who currently have a primary care physician who is part of the Kingston Family Health Team (KFHT) may change to Dr. Russell if they wish her to become their primary care physician. Call the number for appointments to make the change.Dr Russell began a walk-in clinic in June 2013 for all residents of Wolfe Island! She is on the island from 2:30 to 6:15 pm and will see her regular patients by appointment only, on Tuesday afternoons from 2:30 – 4:45pm. She is available to see walk-ins (first come, first served, no appointments) from 4:45pm until 6:15pm.
Enrolling with Dr. Russell as your family doctor permits the following:
- Visits at the Wolfe Island Clinic or her Kingston office.
- Access to other KFHT doctors at her 800 Princess Street location who cover for her if she is away from the office for an extended time.
- Access to other health professionals such as nurse practitioners, registered nurses, a dietician, a social worker, a psychologist (including various mental health group sessions), and various team-based health programs, including foot and diabetes care.
- Use of the KFHT after-hours clinic (located at the Shopper’s Drug Mart at Princess & Centennial, and is open Monday to Friday, 5-8 pm, excluding holidays).
If you do not currently have a primary care physician, you can become a patient of Dr. Russell's by calling the office listed below. You will be scheduled at the Wolfe Island Community Medical Clinic.
If you want to begin seeing Dr. Russell as your primary care physician, but have been seeing another family physician, you must de-roster from your current physician and phone Dr. Russell's office for an appointment to roster with her. This procedure is a requirement from the Ministry of Health.
Hours to call 613-650-5471 for appointments:
- Monday,Wednesday,Thursday…9:30-11:30 AM/1:30-4:30 PM
- Tuesday…………………………..9:30-11:30 AM only
If you have an emergency CALL 911 or go to Kingston General or Hotel Dieu Emergency Department.
Posted May 17, 2016
Posted April 09, 2016
Posted January 24, 2015
Posted December 03, 2014
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: If 10-12 Wolfe Islanders REGISTER for the VON Falls Prevention Program, the VON is ready to offer the program on Wolfe Island.
Posted October 20, 2014